- Yolande Cremer, Chair
- Mel Sater, Deputy Chair
- Stéphane Viau, Treasurer
- Matthew Beutel, Executive Director
- James Brian
- Sally Arsove
- Gloriose Kagayo
- Lucie Laliberté
- Muhammed Zaman
- Martha Labarge
- Marie-Christine Gauthier
Call for Nominations
The Lowertown Community Resource Centre (LCRC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life of the residents of Lowertown by promoting community engagement. The LCRC offers a wide range of services and programs: counseling, after-school and recreational activities, a community house, a food bank, early years programming, community development, neighbourhood events and much more.
The LCRC is seeking people who have a passion for advancing the well-being of the residents of Lowertown to sit on its Board of Directors.
- A commitment to advancing the mission of the LCRC and to upholding its vision and values.
- Availability to attend monthly board meetings, read relevant documents and participate in a small number of events (average of 4-6 hours per month or approximately 50 hours per year).
- Comfortable functioning in a francophone environment (written and oral comprehension of French)
- Willing to work collaboratively with the members of the Board of Directors
AREAS OF SKILL, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE
- Community involvement
- Knowledge of the Lowertown neighbourhood
- Non-profit governance
- Financial management or accounting
- Business development
- Human resources
- Strategic planning
- A minimum of three (3) Board members must be residents of Lowertown.
- To ensure that the Board is representative of the population of Lowertown, particular consideration will be given to candidates who are between the ages of 18 and 35 and / or who belong to an ethno-cultural community.
Candidates can apply by sending a letter of interest and a CV or short profile by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting is May 20, 2017.
We thank all those who apply. Please note that we will only communicate with the candidates who will be interviewed.