The LCRC is seeking people who have a passion for advancing the well-being of the residents of Lowertown to sit on its Board of Directors. The deadline for submitting is June 2, 2017. Please click here for more information.
Call for Nominations
The Lowertown Community Resource Centre (LCRC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life of the residents of Lowertown by promoting community engagement. The LCRC offers a wide range of services and programs: counseling, after-school and recreational activities, a community house, a food bank, early years programming, community development, neighbourhood events and much more.
- A commitment to advancing the mission of the LCRC and to upholding its vision and values.
- Availability to attend monthly board meetings, read relevant documents and participate in a small number of events (average of 4-6 hours per month or approximately 50 hours per year).
- Comfortable functioning in a francophone environment (written and oral comprehension of French)
- Willing to work collaboratively with the members of the Board of Directors
AREAS OF SKILL, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE
- Community involvement
- Knowledge of the Lowertown neighbourhood
- Non-profit governance
- Financial management or accounting
- Business development
- Human resources
- Strategic planning
- A minimum of three (3) Board members must be residents of Lowertown.
- To ensure that the Board is representative of the population of Lowertown, particular consideration will be given to candidates who are between the ages of 18 and 35 and / or who belong to an ethno-cultural community.
Candidates can apply by sending a letter of interest and a CV or short profile by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting is June 2, 2017.
We thank all those who apply. Please note that we will only communicate with the candidates who will be interviewed.