Promotes the healthy development of children from 0 to 6 years while providing the means to better prepare them for school. The project is also geared to support parents and caregivers by offering educational tools and resources, such as workshops on parenting and playgroups. (Bilingual)
Lowertown parents testify how our programs help them nurture parent-child connections. Check out the Ottawa Early Years video on YouTube, “An engaged parent: the best gift of all“.
Support for families living in emergency shelters (B)
- outside the Econolodge Hotel on Mondays from 9:30 AM to noon.
Collective Kitchen (B)
- for caregivers and children on Mondays from 1:30 to 4pm in Salle A at the LCRC (40 Cobourg Street).
Parent-Baby Playgroup (B)
The program focuses on topics such as: child development, nutrition, sleep routines, baby massage and other aspects of the life of new parents.
- for Prenatal group with St-Mary’s shelter on Wednesdays from 9:30 to 11:30 AM at 40 Cobourg Street
- for babies 0 to 18 months on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 3:30 PM at 40 Cobourg Street
English Playgroups (E)
For children up to 6 years of age and their childcare providers, parents or grandparents.
- for everyone on Fridays from 9:30 to 11:30 AM at the Field House in Jules Morin Park.
French Playgroups (F)
- for everyone on Mondays from 9:30 to 11:30 AM at the Field House in Jules Morin Park.
- for childcare providers on Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11:30 AM at the Field House in Jules Morin Park.
- in partnership with the Petit pas à trois program on Fridays from 9:30 to 11:30 AM at École catholique Sainte-Anne.
Hispanic Group (in Spanish)
- on Thursdays from 9:30 to 11:30 AM at the LCRC (40 Cobourg Street)